When refurbishing your office space you have many flooring options to consider. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the benefits and drawbacks of using carpet tiles in your next office refresh project.
Benefits of Carpet Tiles
There are many benefits to utilizing carpet tiles in your next office project, including:
- Installation. Carpet tiles are much easier to install compared to standard broadloom carpet. That’s because they’re smaller, lighter, and easier to move. This also results in less waste in the installation process, which can save on cost.
- Maintenance. Another benefit of carpet tiles is that they are easier to clean and maintain. Damaged or stained tiles can be easily replaced with new tiles without ripping up big sections.
- Flexibility. Carpet tiles also have a lot more design flexibility than broadloom carpet. You can create more intricate patterns and designs with tiles.
Drawbacks of Carpet Tiles
Along with the benefits of carpet tiles, there are various drawbacks, such as:
- It May Not Be Your Best Option. Carpet is not always the most appropriate flooring choice in an office setting. Some settings (such as healthcare clinics) are simply much better suited for hard flooring options.
- Aesthetics. Carpet tiles also create a very distinct aesthetic. If you don’t like that aesthetic, it’s not the best option for you.
New York City Office Design
At Distinctive Offices NYC, our goal is to help people update their occupied office space with little downtime to staff and billable hours. Our Rapid Facelift Process was designed with this goal in mind. It allows us to completely refresh your office space over the weekend so you can come back to work on Monday morning to a completely new look. We work with clients in many different industries and have the expertise needed to guide your project smoothly to completion. Contact us today at our New York City showroom to speak with our experts and get some ideas for your next office refresh project.